Sunday, November 14, 2010

November so far...

Wow the days are flying by. Has it really been two weeks since Halloween? Here's whats up with us:

The house is coming together. It seems like all we do is work on the house. Cleaning, organizing, rearranging, and throwing out. My goal is to have a tolerable amount of order to my house before the Christmas chaos.

Christmas is coming up fast. I have neighbors who put on their Christmas lights last week! Really! And oh my goodness the retailers are already advertizing mega-sales, and I feel so much pressure to get out there and shop for Christmas now before everything flies off the shelves!

I went back to the gym. Turns out I'm not losing my baby weight as quick as I used to. Lydia said to me "Mommy why is your tummy still big?" I'm also supposed to run a 10K before I turn 30, so I gotta get my act together. Now. It was a painful first week.

Scarlett is a great baby. She sleeps 7 to 8 hours through the night, but she doesn't nap very long during the day, which is a tolerable trade-off.

The weather is awesome. So far November has given us temperatures in the 60s and 70s, and every day is sunny. I never appreciated it when I lived here before, but after being in Scotland for nearly 4 years, this is bliss. The girls play outside every day. Unfortunately just a few days ago Claire discovered fire ants. I forgot they didn't have those in Scotland and I should've warned her. I also need to warn the girls about scorpions and tarantulas and rattlesnakes! Yikes!

Lydia and Claire make me laugh every day. I need to do a whole post on Claire because she is quite the character. And Lydia is so grown up and smart - I can talk to her about anything, but she's also learned to talk back. I just have to learn new ways to outsmart her.

And because I can't have a post without pics or video, here's a couple clips of Lydia.


2 comments:

Belinda said...

Lydia you are a superstar in the making! We loved your singing and tap dancing! Cassie...you'll have to e-mail me your new address. Glad everything is coming together:) xx

Patricia said...

Can Lydia sing 'The Bonny Lass O Fyvie O'? It will help her remember her Scottish heritage. Alternatively she could learn to sing 'The Back of Bennachie' and bring a tear to her daddy's eye! I can understand why a total stranger said the girls were beautiful because they are! I still miss them so much. BTW it is Jims idea about the songs. Love Pat xxx