Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year, New List

Well, the countdown is ON. Just a few more weeks before I hit the dirty thirty, and I am sure that there are at least two readers who are interested in my "Thirty before 30 list." It's not yet complete...but I am so very close, with 2 weeks to go.

Cassie's 30 before 30 list:
1. have my 3rd baby Scarlett Lillian Viets, September 15th
2. spend a day with a high school or college friend I've met up with 3! Val, Kayce, and Annette from LHS
3. Sew a skirt...and wear it pattern cut and pinned...then realized my sewing machine has a UK plug! Will have to take it to my mom's to finish
4. Make matching dresses for my girls done here
5. Learn one song on the guitar (I'll need Devin...) I borrowed/stole this guitar from my brother-in-law, and its great! And my first song - very easy and great song - "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
6. Watch a sunrise - Devil's Bridge, Antigua
7. Watch a sunset - Jolly Beach, Antigua
8. Kiss in the rain - done
9. (edited out) - done
10. Go skinnydipping - done

11. Watch a classic chick flick - Gone With the Wind, of course :)
12. Send a thoughtful note to someone just because - to my dear friend Pat, our Scottish grandma, who always wrote me notes "just because"
13. Volunteer for community service - Meals on Wheels...great fun with my girls and for the clients
14. Try a seafood delicacy - sauteed clams, restaurant in Rome
15. Try a new sport - sporting clays, next weekend. just need to borrow a shotgun!
16. run a 10k - at Monahans Sandhills State Park, and I did it in 58:20 - not bad for a beginner.
17. write letters to my grandparents who don't have email - sadly my dear grandpa passed away before I wrote him, but at least I went to see him in person. I wrote letters to the others though.
18. Finish my wedding scrapbook - Finally
19. Get 1 more stamp on my passport - got two! Italy and British Virgin Islands
20. Go dancing - ... on my birthday weekend, we're hitting the club where it all began.
21. Get rid of all my files and textbooks from my previous job - done (sheesh, that was a lame one)
22. Learn to knit I also learned that I am not very good at knitting. I really enjoy crochet though.
23. Catch a fish...then actually touch it - sadly, I think we killed the fish while taking this picture. this was with our friends the Rankins in Oldmeldrum.
24. Sit in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome 25. Enjoy one expensive, authentic Italian meal in Rome - done
26. Paint my face and go to a big sporting event - its not much, but it still counts. This was at the Scotland v England rugby match in Edinburgh
27. Go to a movie with girlfriends - and no kids - saw Eclipse, because my husband will never see a Twilight movie with me
28. Grow a plant indoors that won't die in a month - I had some poinsettas that survived just over a month. still counts.
29. Donate money to a charity outside of church - irunforlove.com
30. Throw myself a big party and say goodbye to my 20s in style!...coming soon!


It's been a great year, and a lot of fun, and really good for me. Josh challenged me to do this every year. SO here goes. (easier list this time)

ELEVEN in 2011

1. Join Ancestry.com and make progress on my family history work
2. Go on a family adventure every month...even if it is just to Lubbock
3. Publish a blog book of our adventures in Scotland
4. Read Jesus The Christ
5. Join a soccer team
6. Start a garden
7. Run 1/2 marathon
8. Begin teaching certification for Texas
9. Plan a vacation with great-grandparents
10. Go golfing with Josh
11. Take surfing lessons in Cali this summer

It's gonna be a fun year.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Love it! Well done you for getting it all done! I love your list for 2011. That's exciting about your teaching certificate! Go Cassie

Stacey said...

WOW, I think you just inspired me!

Brimaca said...

That was cool! I may have to this. Not the list before thirty because I'll be thirty in a month and that would be a lame-o list but one for this year! I'm going ot do it! Let me know about the soccer team - I may want to do that I LOVE soccer. Well...I did...I wonder if I would still?