This year for Halloween, our costume plan was "Well girls, let's see what we have in the dress-up box". There is definitely no shortage of dress-ups in our home. The only difference at Halloween is that I let them wear makeup. Also, we happened to have no fewer than 5 Halloween parties to go to, and the girls wore different costumes for just about every one of them.
At our church pumpkin-carving party, Lydia was Princess Aurora and Claire wanted to be Princess Tiana.
I told the girls to give me their most beautiful princess smiles. Lovely Lydia...And this is Claire's princess smile... love this girl!
Then it was Claire's preschool party, and mom forgot to dress her up. So at the last minute I asked my friend Laura for a costume, and thus Claire was Ariel for her school party.
Josh's office also hosted a Halloween party for families. This time around, Lydia was a fairy and Claire was Belle. AND Scarlett made her first Halloween appearance as a little clown.
And finally, on Halloween night we had the big Trunk-Or-Treat. We went with the princess theme: Claire as Cinderella, Scarlett as Snow White, Lydia as Sleeping Beauty (insisting on keeping her fairy facepaint, and wearing that lovely wig), AND - best of all - Grandma Taylor as the queen, who escorted the lovely little princesses around to get their treats.
Josh didn't dress up, but I recycled my Cruella DeVille look from a couple years ago.
And now, we have wayyyy too much candy, and a 1yr old who demands dum dums.

4 comments:
LOVE the princess theme! Oh and Miss Claire's smile is just to sweet!
So fun! I am going to dress up next year. I hope! I felt like a bum this year. I have plans though. :)
Love those girls of yours!!!
The girls are soooo cute! Grandma was an awesome queen too! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment