Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Babymoon and a Birthday in San Antonio


 It's been a busy month, but with all that's been going on we were determined to go on our "babymoon" - a nice romantic trip for Josh and I before the baby comes. We briefly talked about going to New York, but at this time of year there is no better place to be than the great state of Texas. So for my birthday/babymoon we headed to San Antonio, our favorite Texas city.

It was so lovely it almost makes me angry that we are leaving this gorgeous weather. It was sunny and in the 70's the entire trip, we were hardly indoors. We walked along the riverwalk every afternoon for lunch, and came back in the evenings for a late dinner and to "people-watch" as all the night clubs opened up. I desperately wanted to feel young and pretend that we were going clubbing too, but then I look at my giant belly and realize I'm a mother of 4 and I wouldn't look very sexy trying to dance while I'm obviously knocked up.




The Riverwalk was busier than usual this weekend with graduates from the Air Force base in San Antonio. Well, we're guessing it was graduation, because a lot of them had families touring the streets with them. It made us proud to see all of these young men and women so happy and proud to be serving their country.

We have been to San Antonio many times, but haven't experienced many of the"tourist" attractions there, other than Sea World. This time we took a tour through Tousseaud's Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. They were both a little...creepy...but definitely a unique experience.


(me and Beyonce, and William &Kate)

 
Josh and Lance. We still like him, even though he's a cheater ;)

Everything's bigger in Texas! For Saturday breakfast we went to Lulu's bakery for my 4 lb cinnamon roll. Since it was featured on the show Man v Food, I always want to stop there to pig out. We ate leftover cinnamon roll for most of the ride home!
 
32 years old, 3 and 1/2 kids, and 9 years of marriage. This may be our last babymoon, but we hope to take anniversary trips every January from now on. Nothin better than a weekend away with this guy :)

4 comments:

Amelia said...

You are looking great Cassie!

Kurt n Des said...

oh cute. Glad you got in a fun trip for just the two of you. And double happy that you're still in love. :)

i think you'd fit right in at all the clubs.

Katie said...

That cinnamon rolls looks amazing!

Jaimie said...

You're hilarious! I think you look so much better than Beyonce! You are one hot mama! Good luck getting settled in!