Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Hadley

I feel a little bit of "mommy-guilt" for not documenting the life of my 4th child the way I did my older ones. Hadley is now 7 months old! Holy cow soon she'll be walking, eating at the table, and my days with a baby will be gone for good.
 
After having 4 babies I must honestly say that Hadley is the Best. Baby. Ever. No joke. I thought Lydia was a good baby, I thought Scarlett was my easiest, but so far Hadley just blows away the competition. Here are some truths to support my case.
 
- Hadley was sleeping through the night at one week old. After the first week we just moved her to her own room. She's been solid ever since.
- Hadley never, well rarely, cries. If she does there is always the same solution: food.
- She lets her sisters manhandle carry her anytime. No complaints
- She's gone camping, boating, hiking, swimming, and on long roadtrips with the family. She is never ever a problem. She just rolls with it and never makes a peep.
- She eats well, she naps well, and she's never sick.
 
 
 But what makes me happiest is that she is happy in our family and happy with her sisters. She lights up when she sees Lydia walking home from the bus. She laughs and dances with Scarlett. She giggles when Claire tickles her, and she smiles when daddy smothers her with kisses. And all I have to do is smile at her and I see that cute little gummy grin smiling back at me. We are really enjoying Miss Hadley Sue.
 

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is the CUTEST thing ever!!!!!!

Kurt n Des said...

1 WEEK!! She really is the best baby ever. :) She's a doll. So glad you have such a sweetie to wrap things up in the family.