December was a blur. It's my favorite month of the year, but it is so busy...especially when you are a mom.
To start off, Scarlett's preschool did a cooking class and invited parents over for lunch. We had homemade pizzas and fruit salad. Scarlett piled on the cheese!
Our church had a Christmas party and a wonderful program "The Forgotten Carols". The party was an ugly sweater party, so everyone was dressed pretty crazy.
Lydia's school had a Christmas program and each grade performed 3 musical numbers. I didn't get any great pics to share, but I remember her and her best friend Sari were front and center! Claire's school didn't have a Christmas program, but her Kindergarten teacher put together a show just for her class. They performed at least 10 songs! All the parents were amazed at how well these kids learned the songs.
As Christmas got closer, it was time to make treats in the kitchen. We made salsas for some and cookies for others.
I wish we had time to do more, but unfortunately a great loss occurred in our family and Josh & I were travelling to Kansas for Debbie. My mom was kind enough to fly up to Billings to look after the kids for their last few days of school. She went to Scarlett's Christmas party and Lydia's Christmas party. I wish I could have been there, but I'm so glad they at least had grandma there.
And when grandma's here, that means trips to McDonald's.
Josh and I were back in town just before Christmas Eve, and our dear friends the Thomas's invited us over. We had a lovely dinner, then dressed up and acted out the Nativity story - complete with stable animals :)
This was a month to remind us how blessed we are to have good friends and good family to help us through difficult times, and to reflect on the greatest gift - that of our Savior Jesus Christ and His great Plan of Salvation.
No comments:
Post a Comment