I love watching Lydia play soccer. I love it because I love soccer, and I love her. She has been fun to watch because sometimes I compare her to myself at her age. Surprisingly, we're very different players.
My strength in soccer was my legs. I had long skinny legs and was always the fastest on my team. All I had to do was kick the ball down the field then sprint past everyone to get to it. Lydia however is one of the shortest on her team. She doesn't have the speed, but she has great footwork, and will dribble through everyone to get the goal she craves.
She is always one of the leading scorers. I figured that the reason she is so good is that she plays soccer every. single. day. at recess. She likes playing with the boys.
Her other secret.... the tongue :)



No comments:
Post a Comment