Friday, July 11, 2014

Hail and ticks

You know it's summer in Montana when the kids play outside allll day long, and come home with something like this...
I mean, seriously!?! I have never seen a tick this big. And poor Scarlett, she had no idea what was going on, she just thought she hurt her head. I was brushing her hair and she said "Mom, that part hurts, that's where I hurt my head"...then I felt the lump, looked for a cut or bruise, and saw this nasty thing. We immediately went looking for someone brave enough to carefully remove this sucker. My friend Jaime pulled it out, and it wasn't easy. It came with a chunk of skin, and though Scarlett tried to be so brave, she eventually crumbled in tears. It hurt. It hurt me too! But since then she hasn't been shy about telling everyone about the bug in her head, and showing this picture from my phone.
 
 
Another not-so-lovely part of summer here is the hail. We just live in an area where hot and cold air mix to bring about violent weather. Usually it's quick, fierce thunderstorms with 70mph winds, and tons of rain and hail. In June we had pretty epic hail.
 
Fortunately my car was garaged, and our neighborhood fared better than other parts of Billings.

 Josh's truck, however, was at the airport. Thank goodness for insurance, and low deductibles ;)
 
 
 

No comments: