Thursday, September 4, 2014

Our epic summer part 5 - girls' trip to SLC

For Lydia's upcoming 8th Birthday I decided to take her on a girls trip to Salt Lake City. She is my girl who loves shopping, and also loves having mommy to herself, so it was a real treat.
 
I was also eager to do this trip when I learned that one of my best friends from Scotland was visiting family there! Amelia was my first, and best, friend when we moved to Aberdeen. She helped me find my way in a new country and find my way in this thing called motherhood.
 
Lydia and Evie are the same age, but all our girls played together when they were little tots. Can't believe this was 6 years ago!

Also in Utah, we met up with our dear friends the Milnes for a pool playdate. I cherish those friendships that last even after we've both moved away from Texas. Lydia and Addy didn't miss a beat, even though it's been almost two years.
 
While in Utah we did some major shopping too. We hit the City Creek Mall downtown, and ventured into the mega-sports-store Scheels.
But most importantly - Lydia got her ears pierced! She had been anxiously awaiting for this day and handled it like a champ. I could tell she was nervous, but the second that they were pierced she said "...that didn't hurt!"
 
 We couldn't leave Utah without a visit to good 'ole Provo. Lydia got some BYU gear, and we took Madison to the city waterpark for an afternoon.
 It was a fabulous weekend with my Lydia, and well worth the 8-hour drive!
 

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Cassie! Reading this brought tears to my eyes. We love your whole family so much. Our time together this summer was way too short. xxoo