Monday, September 6, 2010
What about a NAME!?
Yesterday I just realized that I am 38 weeks pregnant. That's basically full-term. This baby can come any time now, but its freaking me out because for the first time I am NOT ready! We've been a little busy moving, buying a house and cars and getting our new life figured out...that we don't even have a name picked for our little girl!! Every time we try to discuss names, it just ends up in an argument, so we change the subject. SO....as much as I hate to do this... I'm doing a poll for baby names. These are our top 4 (on the right). Josh has his #1, and I have my #1....and we are too stubborn to give up our favorites. But maybe this poll will sway our decisions. Or maybe not! Worth a shot though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Go ISLA!!!! I love that name and wish I could have brought that Scottish name back with us.
Good luck! (I didnt even know you found out it was a girl!)
Your Uncle Mike wants Aliana... he Thinks That is a Really Neat Name..
oooh, it's so hard to figure this out, isn't it? We both had our favorites too and sometimes I still think about the one I REALLY loved but Dayven said no way. :( Maybe someday if we have another girl, I will stand my ground...
Do you really want opinions?? I love Isla, very exotic and unique. She may have to explain how it's spelled though or it may be mispronounced, but once they get it - it's gorgeous and she will be the only Isla for sure in her class. I'm assuming it's "EES-la"? Not wild about Hannah. Amelie is pretty when you see it spelled, but it sounds a lot like Emily when pronounced which is such a popular name (I tend to go more for unique than popular/common). Alaina is pretty too, but sounds kind of like Elaina, so it may be mispelled too. Having a husband with an unusual name, I know how much he explains it to people every day. Sometimes he just goes by "David" for a dinner reservation or something. It's easier. ha!
You have to feel good about your choice and not really care what others say. Whatever you pick will be beautiful and it will fit her. Months later, you won't be able to imagine her as anything else! Good luck! :o)
It has to be Isla!!!
Americans will mess up Isla constantly but it takes two seconds to spell (kind of like my last name - don't know why it tripped up Scottish people other than maybe how I said it). I didn't log in (this is Salli).
Post a Comment