Sunday, March 27, 2011

The annual "Bloodgusher" Race

This weekend in Midland there was a big racing event - the Bloodgusher. There was a 1K, 5K, 10K, and Half-Marathon - all sponsored by United Blood Services to raise awareness for blood donations, and the catch was that if you donated blood, your entry into the race was free.

I had beed training for the 10K, but as luck would have it, we found out that Lydia had a soccer game that day, and I wouldn't be able to finish the race in time to coach the game :( So instead, we just ran the 1K, and then supported daddy as he participated in the 5K with some of the youth from our ward.

Josh and Lydia getting ready for their events.Lydia and I ran the 1K, which was a "fun run" for kids. It was basically just down the road and back. Lydia was one of the youngest ones there.But she ran almost the whole way, and was allll smiles as we approached the finish line.The proud finisher, with her certificateThen we sat and cheered on daddy in his race.
Daddy did well, he came in around 27 minutes, and was still able to smile and wave at his girls. Not bad for someone who doesn't even train.
But later that night all he complained about was how sore he was.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

What a fun lil family event!

Marti said...

That is great that you had Lydia out there running! Hope the soccer game went well!

Brimaca said...

Grrr... I hate that I train almost daily and someone can just kick my butt like that. ;) M is running the 1k in May I hope he likes it as much as Lydia!

Morgans said...

soooooooo cute! I need to find something like that for E. Though I dont think she would be all smiles like Lydia. What a great day!

Morgans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.