Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lubbock

Last weekend we made a trip to visit the Lubbock temple - the same one Josh and I were married in 7 years ago. It's nice to be only 1-1/2 hrs away from a temple, and I hope that we are able to visit more often.The girls were anxious to go to the temple, but they were thinking of the one in the UK, where we stayed overnight in bunkbeds :) Then we explained that this was the temple where mommy and daddy were married, but the whole way there Claire was asking "Are you going to get married!?" and even when we arrived she exclaimed "you're getting married!"We were thankful to have my mom come with us, and look after the girls while Josh and I did some temple work. We took a walk around the temple grounds when we were done, then Lydia wanted to go inside. She knows that the temple is the House of the Lord.There's not much for little kids to see inside, but dad took her in for a peek. She was so curious, and asking Is Jesus in there? How did He get there? Can we see Him?
We did our best to explain the Spirit of God to a 4 year old.
I love that she cares so much.

After that, we headed over to the Omni Science Center for some play time.
They played around the preschool play area.
They did pretend newscasts and puppet shows for the camera.
And they explored just about every exhibit in there, with mommy's encouragement...
...while daddy was on baby duty

3 comments:

Marti said...

Wish this were facebook so I could like this post!
We miss the Lubbock Temple!

Stacey said...

How fun!! Baby Scarlett is getting so big!

Brimaca said...

We love the science center! And we love the temple too of course. :)