On Tuesday Lydia's preschool class had their Easter party at the park. Lydia was sooooo happy that her mom and sisters came to the party. She introduced all her friends to her sister Claire, and made sure Claire sat with them for lunch.
The girls got sunscreen and swimsuits on... then realized that NO, it is NOT warm yet. They never made it past the steps. Maybe next month.
First on the agenda: swimming.
Then once inside, we had to make some souvenir purchases, along with the hundreds of other fans. Lydia got Jessie, and Claire wanted Woody.
The show was pretty good - great costumes, great music, great skating. Not too many special effects or tricks other than army men parachuting and Buzz Lightyear's flying entrance... but this isn't broadway, it's ice skating. Though I don't think most kids there really appreciated that Woody could do a triple-lutz.
The best skating performance was by Ken and Barbie. They're a fan favorite. Wish we had better pics, but it was dark and we just had the small camera.Lydia and Claire loved the show, and were shouting "Hi" to the characters. Scarlett was good until the second half, when she started getting tired and irritable. AND, as is evident in this picture, she's teething again, and was drooling all over.

It worked. It was hot, and they were exhausted.
Josh had been away on a youth trip these past few days, so we were anxious to get home and see him again on Saturday. We spent Saturday night getting ready for Easter and dying our hard-boiled eggs, of course. This is our first Easter in the US in 4 years, and I was anxious to do this with my girls, but at the grocery store there were hardly any egg-coloring kits! Maybe the tradition is just fading. We had fun though.
After church we had grandma and grandpa and Sarah over for a big Easter lunch, and then the girls went on an egg hunt outside.
2 comments:
I absouletly love the girls easter outfits!!!!!!!!!!!
I wrote a big long comment and blogger deleted. Now I'm not in the mood. But I love your girls and they are so pretty!
Post a Comment