Every plumber, electrician, salesman, ... or anyone
new who visits our house asks me this question and I am so tired of it. It's all because of this lovely piece of art painted on our front curb.

I don't know if it's a Texas thing, or just a Midland thing, but people tend to paint their house number on the curb so that its more visible to visitors, and some Midlanders get creative with their designs. Apparently the last owners of this house were from Canada, and had a big hairy dog.
I searched the yellow pages to find someone to come re-paint my curb, but found no one. There is only one guy in Midland who "specializes" in such work, and he is so busy it takes him almost a year to get to your house. Umm.. no thanks.
So I got some paint and went to work. Nothing fancy, but at least now I don't get anymore Canadian questions. Visitors can ask us about Scotland, though :)

Of course my girls were trying to "help" me with my painting, so I gave them their own project. They painted a birdhouse.

No, they did not paint in these lovely dresses, we took pics after everything was dry, and they had been dressing up.
2 comments:
That is so cool! Way to show your "roots!" And I will also pray that you will get some (okay, lots) of rain soon.
Love it!
Post a Comment