I really love this preschool. Lydia started going to First Pres just a couple weeks after we moved into the country, and at the time it was the only thing going right in our lives. We had no house, no belongings, no doctors, no cars... but when I took Lydia to the school to register and meet her teacher I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. She was going to love it here, and so was I.

There were only 11 kids in her class, and they all quickly became best friends. Everyone was invited to everyone's birthday party. And everyday Lydia would come home and tell me about her friends, and what they were up to.

Mrs Michelle was such an awesome teacher. She really loved these kids. I remember having a parent-teacher conference with her, and she was literally welling up with tears telling me how happy Lydia made her and how she would take her home if I'd let her! Then it made me realize that that's all a parent really wants from a teacher... someone who loves their child as much as they do.
Last month was their preschool graduation ceremony. All the kids wore their caps as they sang us some songs they learned that year, and afterwards lined up for a processional to receive their diplomas.

We are so very proud of our preschool graduate. She knows all her numbers and letters, she can add small amounts, and she is starting to read by sounding out words. In her class she got the award for "Most Creative" because she does the best job coloring, and always gave the most
creative answers in class.

Even though Lydia is small, and the youngest in the class, she's ready for Kindergarten!
1 comment:
AW, preschool graduation how cute!!!! Kindergarten is gonna be soooo fun!
Post a Comment