Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yay for summer school!

Holy moly, summer is loooong here in the US. We've been out of school since mid-May, and won't go back till the end of August! I remember in Scotland (where there are only 6 weeks of summer) my friend Hazel asked me "What do American moms do in the summer if they have to work?". I made up some answer, but I had never been a mom in America until now. Now I know.

Summer camps and summer school.

That's what everyone does! There's sports camps, Vacation Bible Schools, clubs, churches, even the local college offers a "kids college" program that runs daily. Fortunately the church preschool that Lydia went to offers a summer program too, though a little less rigorous. For the month of July only, the girls go Tues/Thurs to summer school at First Pres. They are loving it, and it's a special bonus that they have friends there that they know already. And each other.Claire will start preschool in the fall, and Lydia will start (gulp) kindergarten. They are ready. I am not sure if I'm ready to let my babies grow up.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

How neat they are going together!!! Kindergarten will be here before you know it!

Amelia said...

The look so grown up!