Sunday, September 25, 2011

This is why I blog

It is FINISHED! I have finally gone to blurb.com and published my blog for the years we were living in Scotland. There it is - nearly 200 pages of our adventure abroad.
 
This is why I blog. Someday my girls will forget all the adventures we had as a family, and we will all forget many of the things we experienced living overseas. Now these memories are printed.
Admittedly, when we got the book in the mail and looked through it, both Josh and I got a little emotional. It's hard to stomach that we will likely never go back. We'll never go back to that beautiful country that taught us so much about being parents, friends, disciples, and better people. The Scottish really know how to Find Joy in the Journey. They put their families first, and have fun in rubbish weather. Sometimes...but only sometimes... I really miss that rubbish weather :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What an acomplishment!

Brimaca said...

My blog books are the best things ever. I even find joy in the most mundane of posts. And I got emotional reading your post so I can only iimagine how you feel!

Amelia said...

I hope that there a few shots of the Davies family that made the cut! We still miss you all!

Morgans said...

very awesome!