I love General Conference. I love getting to hear from our prophet and apostles, who share such inspiring messages. I had an experience this week that would have really broken me, had it not been for the messages I heard a week ago. Here's some quotes from my favorite talks.
“Charity is resisting the impulse to become offended. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they are, and loving them"- President Monson
" If we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us. Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life." - Elder Uchtdorf
“Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." -Anderson
"When we have charity, we are willing to serve and help others when it is inconvenient and with no thought of recognition or reciprocation." -Allred
"Experience has taught me that if we exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened, and our lives will be filled with peace and joy" - Cook
"The most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.”- Dalton
"Compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God." - Uchtdorf
3 comments:
Richard and I gave talks this past Sunday about sharing our fav conference talks. I really enjoyed preparing for it. It was a blessing in my life that week and made me feel so close to the lord. Conference can be such an uplifting expereince!
Hope you are okay. I loved this conference too, and definitely needed its strength.
Such beautiful quotes! I LOVED conference. Loved it.
Post a Comment