Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hair

One Sunday morning I was straightening my hair, getting ready for church, and Lydia watches me and asks "Can you iron my hair like that?" At first I thought NO because her precious curls are too sacred to take a hot iron to, but because we had extra time for church that morning, I thought - what the heck - let's have some fun. So both girls got their hair straightened.
 Lydia loved her straight hair. She was always tossing it over her shoulders and brushing it out of her way. Her friends called her Rapunzel - which she loved. But as cute as it was, it made me realize that her hair is just too long, and we were about to spend a week at the beach. That's a lot of hair to get tangled in swimsuit straps. So finally, after 5-1/2 years, Lydia had her first hair cut. 
The three of us girls went to the hairdresser together - I got some highlights, Claire got a little bob, and Lydia lost about 4-5 inches of sweet little curls.  And here's the end results! A lot healthier, for sure.




3 comments:

Marti said...

What beautiful hair your girls have, curly or straight.

Stacey said...

WOW, Lydia's hair was super long!!! Beautiful hair cuts!!

Morgans said...

She looks so different with no curls! So sad that there will probably be some years in there where she wont appreciate how beautiful her curls are :(