
The gardener at Mill Point, Cyril, had a wealth of knowledge of the flora and fauna of the area, and introduced the girls to the "lipstick" flower. The housekeeper, Luz, was everyone's best friend, she just loved to chat, and she really loved the little girls.

Claire developed an ear infection on the journey over there, and was miserable with a high fever the first couple of days. We found a pediatrician, whom we paid around $350 for her to say "Ohh.. dat's a roarin ear infection"... and write a prescription worth another $150. So about $500 later, Claire is better. And worth it.

Josh and I got to spend a nice evening together on my birthday. It started out lovely, but when we were coming home, a crazy dog jumped in front of our car and started attacking our front tires! This rabid pit bull was biting at the tires, and we could barely go forward or else we'd run over him! So we pulled over and shut off the car and lights until he went away! Then we had to stop at the corner market for some bread, and although the loaf was priced at .89, I gave the guy a $20, and he only gave me $15 and some change back. It was the second time I'd got the "tourist discount" here.

Lydia really enjoyed special time with Grandma Sharon, who is a talented artist. One evening she spent nearly an hour in grandma's room just drawing pictures and telling stories. She really warmed up to both of her great-grandparents. We are so lucky that they are healthy enough to vacation with us.
Claire was very confident in the swimming pool. She could touch the bottom in the shallow end, so she became accustomed to not wearing her armbands. One time she was just riding on a float, and the float slipped away from her while she was in the deep end, and she started to sink. I was all dressed for the day, but had to jump in and save her! And this whole time we thought it would be Scarlett we'd be jumping in after. She amazingly stayed dry.

The girls were pretty tired at the end of each day. Lydia especially. That girl plays soooo hard all day.
Another classic moment was when we were at the grocery store, and while waiting in the check-out line Lydia starts singing Rihanna's "We Found Love". We already stood out as the only white people in there, and now my daughter was belting out a hip-hop song. The old man behind us just giggled.
2 comments:
I'm glad that I'm not the only none whose kids love the Rhianna song! I'll bet your heart was racing having to dive in after Claire! Glad she is doing better. What a great vacation you had! (not a holiday anymore!)
I am totally enjoying all the pictures.
Post a Comment