
Let this be my warning to all moms of little boys: Lydia is trouble!
Case in point:
- We had lived in Midland less than a month and Lydia had already kissed one of her boy friends on the lips. We had to have the kissing-is-only-for-family talk.
- During the summer we had lots of playdates with her friend Rex who went to swimming lessons and summer school with her. They started making marriage plans at age 4.
- For Christmas the only dress-up that she wanted was Princess Jasmine. Why? Because it shows her belly. I told her I didn't like it because it was immodest, but her response was "Well, I'm not asking you, I'm asking Santa"
- One of my friends asked her daughter if she plays with Lydia at recess, and her response was "No, Lydia just plays with the boys". No surprise there
- Then, I get notes home from the teacher like this:
(...for home)
- I've also received notes from the teacher about another boy who is always hugging Lydia, and follows her everywhere holding her hand. I am grateful for a teacher who addresses the problem, because I'm sure Lydia secretly likes the attention, and probably encourages it.
- I asked Lydia if she wants to see the Fresh Beat Band in concert... and she said "Well, what about Big Time Rush?" Seriously? Already into boy bands!
- Every day at 5 we have a "jam session" in the kitchen where we crank up the music while we're getting ready for dinner. Lydia has some pretty provocative dance moves that I am sure she didn't learn from her mother.
What am I going to do with this girl!? She is beautiful, talented, and friendly..and loves boys already. I'm thinking an All-Girl Boarding School is in her future. And lots of prayers :)

4 comments:
You are in trouble...and I'm locking my boys up.
I love her, "I'm not asking you, I'm asking Santa" response!! Awesome.
I don't know Cassie, you must have had some moves to catch Josh's attention all those years ago, I think Lydia got some of them from you! ;)
PS they look so grown up and GORGEOUS!
Wow! Cassie she must get that from you! Funny
Post a Comment