I had an amazing Mother's Day. I was spoiled by gifts from my hubby and my girls, Josh did all the cooking, cleaning , and laundry, and both Lydia and Claire had special Mother's Day brunches at their schools. All week they were wishing me Happy Mothers Day. I felt undeserving of such praise and attention, but I sure enjoyed pretending that I was the world's greatest mom.
I got to thinking that what has helped me survive this adventure called motherhood are the examples of great moms around me. So Happy Mothers Day to all the moms in the same boat as me, doing the best we can to stay afloat! Here's just a sample of some of the things I've remembered from my mommy friends over the years. You guys are the best :)
* Cleaning up with kids at home is like shoveling snow in the middle of a blizzard. But you have to do it or you'll get snowed in! - Jaimie Shaw
* Its okay for children to dress themselves when you are going out in public, as long as you are pretty well put together when you are with them. - Annie Hudson
* Learn to do the things you don't enjoy (like dishes!) very quickly, so you have more time to do things you do enjoy. - Kim Williamson
* Most days I can cope with whatever life throws at me. On days when I can't.... I know its because I haven't been studying my scriptures and praying. I need His help. - Hazel Dempsey
* Teach your children to pray for things that really concern them - like socks that don't line up at the toe. - Amelia Davies
* You decide what your children eat, and let them decide how much and when. - Chelsea Johnston
* As a mother, sometimes the days are soo long, but its the snuggles and whispers and quiet conversations about life that make the years so short. - Laura Shannon
* A good mom has lots of plants. She knows how to nurture. - Great Grandma Billie
* You are very lucky to be a mom, and even luckier to be able to stay at home with them. - Ranie Maughn
* One day I will meet my Maker... and what will my excuse be? - Pat Dressel
* Little girls need confidence and self esteem. That's the only way they'll survive the teenage years. - Holly Milne
* Don't pray for patience, pray for a good night's sleep. - Laura Shannon
5 comments:
This may be my favorite Mother's Day Post ever. I learned from you that hard work is its own reward, you never stop going and your wonderful kids and great family are a witness to this!
LOVE THIS POST!!! Such great advice, hope you had a great mothers day with ur lil family.
Now I want to sit down and think about the things I have learned from other mothers. I am grateful for them.
Great post! Except I am ALWAYS snowed in! :) You are a great example of a fabulous mother!
Thankyou Cassie - it was an honour to be included among teh quotes '... remembered from your mommy friends over the years ...' You are a great mum. Lost of love Pat xxx PS: Jim says Josh is a great dad
Post a Comment