Thursday, September 6, 2012

School Days and Bus 26

Lydia is now in first grade! And since she is a very confident little lady I thought this year we would try riding the bus home. She wanted to ride the bus last year but I wasn't ready for it. This year, however, I am very excited about not waking up Scarlett from her nap to go wait in a car line.

I went to the school to figure out what bus she rides and which stop she will get off on, and I learned that she rides Bus 26. Bus 26! That's the same bus that me and my siblings rode to school when we moved to Midland in 1992. But surely its a different bus driver... then I read this article in the paper:

Bus driver to complete 21st year with MISD

It's Ms Cheryl! Holy cow how small town is that, that me and my daughter have the same bus driver. She has been so good to Lydia. Her first day on the bus, Lydia said she was nervous because she was "the only little kid..everyone on the bus is big" but Ms Cheryl asked Lydia to sit right behind her, and she talked with her the whole time. So everyday when the bus drops her off, there is Lydia sitting in the seat right behind Ms Cheryl.

Here is Lydia getting off the bus right in front of my house. I know! The original bus stop was just two houses away, but when Cheryl saw where we lived, she said she'd just drop off Lydia at our house each day. How freaking awesome is that!

So anyways, that's been the highlight of the school year for me so far. As for school and her class...nothing new there. Lydia loves her class and her teacher "is really really nice... but she warned us she might get serious." And I get the usual reports that Lydia is so sweet and so well behaved and does what she's asked...etc etc.  It's going to be another great school year for my Greathouse Knight!

2 comments:

Kurt n Des said...

wow What a small world. That's gotta make you feel that much safer.
Are you getting old? ;)

Stacey said...

Sounds like a great start to the school year!