"How are you today?" ..."I'm Two"
"What's your name?"... "I'm Two"
I guess in some ways it is an appropriate answer, because if there were any two words to sum up Scarlett right now, it would be "I'm Two"
Scarlett is exhausting. She is the only one of my three girls that I have ever felt I need a break from. In fact, she is the only one of my girls that does a lot of things that Claire and Lydia never did:
-Scarlett is a scratcher and a hair-puller. She makes at least one of her sisters cry every day.
-She is extremely independent. We tried to get her to share a room with Claire, but she refused. She was up all night until we finally let her go to her own room to sleep on a mattress on the floor.
-When Scarlett gets lost, she doesn't care. She will run away from me in stores and no matter how long she's been gone, I always find her contently playing with things from the shelf. Not even looking for me.
-Scarlett thinks she is as big as Lydia, and was trying cartwheels at 1 year old. In fact, whenever she's dancing to music she always throws a cartwheel into her routine.
-When its time to go somewhere and I tell her to get her shoes, she always goes to the dress-up box to find some princess dress-up shoes.
-There is NO shopping cart that can contain her. Not even the fun car-shaped ones. No matter how tight the belt is around her, she wiggles her way out. No matter how many cookies or lollipops I give her, its never enough. She and I go to battle every time we go shopping, and she almost always wins.
- She is very stubborn with us. Josh reads to her every night and tries to get her to say new words, but she just says "No Daddy". "Can you say Scarlett"..."No Daddy". But when she is watching her favorite show Dora the Explorer, she will attempt all of the spanish phrases and can say "ayudame" and "mas despacio" with ease.
Scarlett is a lot of work, but she is the ball of energy that our family gravitates around right now. She fits perfectly in our family and we all love being around her because she is so much fun.
We celebrated Scarlett on September 15th with a small family party. Lydia and Claire went with Daddy to pick out their gifts to her from the store, and then we wrapped them the night before. Scarlett had a lot of patience opening her gifts, but her sisters did not. She took her time exploring each gift, and even did a "happy dance" for each one.
Her gift from mommy and daddy was a new swingset. We sure didn't pay much for it, but that's why it took most of the weekend to put together! The girls love it, and its perfect timing too, now that the temperatures are "cooling off" down into the 80s.
Scarlett is growing up fast. She is even attending a "playgroup" with some of her 2yr old friends from church. Every Tuesday they get together and play at a friend's house while mommies get a break!
Happy 2nd Birthday Scarlett! We are so lucky to have you as part of our party :)



4 comments:
I don't normally think that Scarlett and Claire look alike, but in that last picture, Wow! It is like Claire looking at me from her preschool classroom!
Happy Birthday Scarlett.
Hi Cassie. Annette sent me your blog link about Scarlett. From the post I just did on Gus, it sounds like these 2 might be 2 of a kind:) good luck. I'm adding you to my blog list, if that's okay.
donahofamily.blogspot.com
AW! Growing so fast!
what a cutie! Maybe if you spoke to her in Spanish she would talk more :)
Post a Comment