Friday, November 2, 2012

Our BRAVE Halloween

This year we dressed up as a family for Halloween. I really enjoy getting in costume for Halloween, and so do the girls, but Josh... not so much. So as a compromise, the deal is that he only has to dress up every other Halloween. And this was our year :)
 
Since the movie Brave came out this summer, Merida has been Lydia's favorite princess, mostly because she is tough and has crazy curly hair. I loved the movie too, and could easily see Lydia as Merida...so it was set... we were going to do BRAVE for Halloween.
 
Lydia as Merida:
She won first place in her school costume contest!
 
Claire as another version of Merida:
She actually really liked her headdress/wimple.. but only for short periods of time.
 
Scarlett as the Bear:
What does a bear say Scarlett? .."Raaaaaaaah"
 
 
And Josh and I as King Fergus and Queen Elinor:
He won't admit it, but Josh had fun being King Fergus. Even after the party, he took the girls trick or treating around our neighborhood dressed like this.
 
 
Here's all of us at the church Trunk or Treat party. Claire wanted to have hair like her sister, and I don't blame her - its pretty cute.
 
 Pretty close, right? But when we asked the girls how we looked they'd say "But daddy you aren't very big." And for me it was "You look like the queen...except for your face. Can you get a mask?"
 
And my mom and dad joined us for a picture too. My mom easily had the best costume of the night.




2 comments:

Katie said...

You guys looked AWESOME!!

Kurt n Des said...

Wow I'm impressed!! Those are some pretty authentic looking costumes! Love that your mom and dad dressed up too even if your dad did go a Thor. Now I wanna go see the movie