Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day!

 
We're always looking for new things to do around Billings on the weekends, and this weekend there was a St Patrick's Day parade and fair downtown. I never thought of St Patrick's Day as a big holiday, but it seemed like half of the city was there for the festivities. Unfortunately the street fair only took up 2 blocks, so it was crowded and the lines were long for everything - especially the food stands - but these girls were determined to get their faces painted, daddy was determined to get some tri-tip, and mommy needed some funnel cake.
 
 
 

The parade was a typical small-town parade with every city organization sponsoring a "float" - which was usually just a car or truck with lots of green decorations. But you can't have a St Pat's parade without the bagpipes.

Wait...is that a Scottish flag on his chest?!
 


Of course the kids didn't care how fancy the floats were, they just lined the streets with their plastic bags waiting for people to throw candy at them. We did, however, really like all the monster trucks that came through.

After the parade, Claire and I left to go to a friend's birthday party, and Josh stayed with Lydia and Scarlett at the street fair to get their faces painted. They were so dang cute, and I was so impressed that Scarlett stayed still long enough for all those flowers! I guess girls will be girls!
 
  

No comments: