Sunday, May 19, 2013

Life with Little Miss Scarlett

I love my little 2 year old. They call them the "terrible twos" but I'd much rather have a 2 year old than a 1 year old. Scarlett is so much work yet so much fun to talk to, to play with, to be around.
 
Scarlett loves her sisters. I thought she'd be jealous of Hadley but she's the opposite. She loves her and always wants to hold her. When I need to change Hadley it is always Scarlett who will hunt everywhere to bring me a diaper and wipes, while the other two just sit on their rumps.
 
Scarlett is fast. She runs fast, she rides her scooter very fast (prompting a lot of comments at the parks), and whenever its bedtime or bathtime, Scarlett HAS to be the first one up the stairs or down the stairs or to the bathroom. Her life is a big race and she's always winning.
 

Scarlett is almost always happy... if she gets what she wants. I guess that's why she tires me out - she always demands that I go outside with her, or go to the park with her, or fix her a snack, or turn on Peppa Pig. And I have to meet these demands asap or else she's screaming and clawing at me. But when she gets what she wants...she's golden.
 
Sometimes both of us are knackered at the end of the day. I'm starting to wean her off of her afternoon naps because she's been jabbering with Claire every night and keeping her up past bedtime. As a result I often find she gives herself a late nap. Always with her Dora blankie cuddled beneath her. She even sleeps like this in her bed.
Scarlett is a mess. She makes messes when she eats, and she makes messes getting dressed. She insists on dressing herself, which usually involves emptying the contents of her drawers and sprawling them across her bedroom floor before she picks out an outfit that doesn't match and/or isn't even suitable to wear out.
Scarlett is already an iPhone expert. I always find pictures and videos of her on my phone that make me laugh. It was fun until she figured out how to purchase apps, and post results of her games (Temple Run) to my facebook account. Now I have to keep a close eye on her!
She is so much fun to talk to and brings me so much joy. Worth all the work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What happened to baby S?? She sure has grown up whata doll!

Katie said...

Love this!!

Kurt n Des said...

what a cutie. Seems like a helper but needs lots of help too.