Friday, June 10, 2011

What the girls are up to

Scarlett is cruisin'. Or as my dad would say "Cruisin for a Bruisin". She first pulled herself up to stand last month, and since then she's decided she prefers to stand. The only problem is her chubby little legs have a hard time moving anywhere, and she's had her fair share of falls. But anytime she gets to a wall or chair or toy, or person, she'll clamber up to stand.

She is thoroughly excited about this new skill. When Scarlett is amused, she makes a beautiful smile, but when she is really really happy, she does this.When her nose wrinkles... she's havin a good time :)


Claire is my middle child.
She does a lot of things to get my attention. For example, when she goes potty she doesn't just pull down her panties, she gets butt-naked, then shakes her bare bottom at me and says "Boom boom shake-a-shake-a boom boom squish!" (from some random Dora cartoon). Then she'll run off to the bathroom and will remain naked for the rest of the day unless I chase her down and redress her.

Claire and I have this conversation at least twice a day
C: Mommy, mommy, MOMmy, mommy, MOOOOMMMMMMMYYYY, mommy, mommy (repeated forever even though I am looking right at her)
Me: What?
C: How we gonna doooo??
(it's her way of saying 'what are we doing next')


Lydia is my little Rapunzel. We love the movie Tangled and we love Lydia's long hair. She is almost 5 years old and I have never cut her hair. I am mostly afraid of cutting off the best curls. We've talked about her getting a hair cut, but she doesn't want to either, and it doesn't help that she loves Rapunzel. She thinks long hair is magical. I always know when Lydia is the reason for Scarlett's crying because I immediately hear her singing "Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine.." as fast as she can... as if it will magically heal her baby sister.

And on that note, Lydia and I have this conversation...well.. just about all day
Me: Lydia, put Scarlett down
Me: Lydia, put her down
Me: Lydia, put down Scarlett or you're going to time-out
Me: Lydia, how many times do I have to tell you to put her down!?
Lydia: ten million
(and this conversation is repeated every hour it seems)

6 comments:

Amelia said...

Can I just say I love this and I so relate. Remember what Miriam used to be like when she used the toilet at your house? Nakedness- big time. Also Miriam loooooves to pick up Eli so we have that conversation alllllll the time, and don't get me started on the "mommy mommy mommy" that Evie does!

Unknown said...

Cute post. Your girls are adorable!

Stacey said...

The most beautiful girls!!! Its fun to see each stage that the girls are in. I especially relate to the Mommy mommy mommy, Cooper does that all the time too!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog posts...you crack me up. haha I am so excited to see you guys at the reunion! My Logan is so much like your litle claire...I think they are gonna be great friends at the beach.

Patricia said...

Scarlett is so beautiful and looks full of fun. Enjoyed seeing my 2 wonder girls Lydia and Claire and how they are growing up so fast. Love Pat xx

Brimaca said...

Ha ha! I love the conversations and I soooo relate. I also love Lydia's hair, Scarlett's scrunchie face, and Claire's pretty lil' face. That was a fun post!