Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

We were clearing out some boxes in the garage and came upon these treasures..Yup, those are the trophies from my years as a soccer star. I know they are cheap and plastic, but I've held on to them because for so long that's who I was - a good soccer player - and I guess I kept them to remind me of that. Now they just collect dust and take up space, and its time for them to be thrown out. There is a pathetically prideful part of me that wanted to hold on to them still, but before I could say anything, Josh was carrying them to the trash can, singing "Glooory daaays". He was just jealous that he didn't have that many trophies.

So while Josh & I cleared out our junk from the garage, the girls were busy with some new toys.

Lydia has a golf putter. She's even been out to the driving range with dad. It's a bonus that our backyard collects some pretty nice golf balls from the course just outside our fence.
Claire has a new tree swing (bday gift)I love looking out the back window to see them pushing each other and taking turns on the swing. So glad its not me out in that heat.

Scarlett has a new walker... ready for the Cali vacation.And Scarlett has new teeth! Just like Claire...her front middle teeth are slow to come in, so for now she's a vampire baby!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Love the vampire teeth! And I know what you mean about sentimental stuff. I still have a cedar chest at my mom's house full of sentimental rubbish. One of these days I will clear it out!

Patricia said...

Scarlett has the most beautiful smile it just melts your heart >>>(Pat)<<< You need to hold onto those football (sorry - soccer)trophies cos when you reach 60 they will hold lots of memories (try this song from the Byrds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olqvPg3GL1M) Now you will need to rescue them from the bin (sorry - trash can) >>>(Jim)<<< Ha Ha.

Brimaca said...

I had my dancing trophies for a long time. When I came home from my mission I finally threw them all out. It's weird to realize that's not us anymore. But our new tropies are so much better and so much cuter. :)