Our family is comfortable with the decision to stop at 4 girls. There are definitely some things I will miss about being pregnant, but I am still ready to move on to the next stage in my life. The stage that doesn't involve so many diaper changes.
It may sound odd, but I for one really enjoyed being pregnant...and I want to remember that. Of course there was plenty to complain about - the backaches, the small bladder, the exhaustion,...and don't get me started on the postpartum problems - but it was all worth it. I felt beautiful. I think all pregnant women are beautiful. You can put on any old shabby sweater, and look adorable because you have a big round belly. When you're pregnant nobody sees your frizzy hair or your baggy maternity jeans, they just see the belly. And the belly makes you beautiful. At least that's what I see. I see a woman fulfilling her divine role.
I also love that being pregnant gave me a "free pass" to do things I wouldn't normally do, like eat donuts while I'm grocery shopping and take 2 hour naps on Sunday. I love that people are so accomodating to pregnant women - I get to cut in line, I get escorted to the "soft seats" in church, I get special parking at the grocery store, and wherever I go someone will offer me a seat if I am standing. And I especially love that when people ask "Is this your first?".. I get to smile and say "Nope this is my fourth!"
But what I loved most about being pregnant was feeling so very close to my Heavenly Father as I brought a new life into this world. I was part of a true miracle. A big part. I felt the weight of the responsibility to nourish and care for this little child that God has blessed me with, that I alone could care for. What an awesome responsibility.
It was such a blessed experience to bring my four beautiful daughters into this world, and now I'm looking forward to bringing them up to be strong, beautiful, women.

2 comments:
your words are beautiful, they make me think of having my little babies who are all adults now. time passes so fast, I don't ever want to forget those moments. You have a beautiful family!
I love everything about this post...your family picture is darling and how you word everything is perfect. You have a beautiful little family.
Post a Comment